TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Section 1: REGISTRATION, ACCEPTANCE AND PAYMENTS
Once a place has been offered, it can only be secured when either a (non-refundable) deposit, part payment or full fee (as stated in the Course Dates (Classroom based and Online) and Fees Schedule) has been paid.
If the candidate does not pay the balance of fees as per agreed payment terms at the time of Registration his/ her position on the course (Classroom based and Online) can be offered to another candidate.
The candidate is obligated to inform The Institute of a change of address or contact details while enrolled on a course (Classroom based and Online).
The candidate accepts financial responsibility for any books and materials borrowed by him/ her.
The Institute reserves the right to cancel a course (Classroom based and Online) if there is an insufficient number of candidates or any reason beyond The
In addition, conditions specific to areas of training are-
a) For Languages, IELTS Preparation, IT and Engineering courses (Classroom based and Online)
The student shall appear for an assessment, if required. Assessment results are valid for six months only. If a candidate does not wish to appear for an assessment, he/she shall be placed in Beginners Level.
After successful completion of a level, the student is eligible to continue to the next level. Results are valid for six months. A student cannot skip a level during these six months by appearing for another assessment.
b) For Teacher training courses (Classroom based and Online)
Once a place has been offered, it can only be secured when either a (non-refundable) deposit has been paid.
If the candidate does not pay the balance of fees 14 days prior to course commencement for CELTA courses (Classroom based and Online) his/ her position on the course (Classroom based and Online) can be offered to another candidate.
In case the candidate is contacted for an interview, he/she will be required to attend a 30 minute (timed) written test, a test on language awareness and an interview with a tutor, as applicable.
In case candidate was not contacted for an interview, then the application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
c) For IELTS Exams
Request for cancellation or postponement of IELTS test must be made strictly 5 Weeks before the test date in person only. Telephone cancellation or
postponement will not be accepted.
Online exam fee refunds will be subject to the terms and condition of the external awarding body. The candidate can visit their respective websites to view their terms and conditions and refund policy.
d) For OCHES services (Omani Center For Higher Education Services ) and any other associated programmes (Classroom based and Online) All admissions are subject to the approvals from the concerned University.
e) For Health, Safety and Environment and other technical courses programmes (Classroom based and Online)
All process relevant to regulatory and / or awarding body regulations and requirements shall apply
Section 2: COURSES AND PROGRAMME (Classroom based and Online)
Courses and programmes (Classroom based and Online) will follow the pre-defined course duration.
Courses (Classroom based and Online) conducted in affiliation with external awarding bodies shall follow guidelines and conditions laid down by them which shall be provided to candidate.
Section 3: MEDICAL INFORMATION
The candidate shall disclose during the pre-enrolment stage (for CELTA Courses- Classroom based and Online during interview), regarding any medical problem that may affect his/ her ability to participate and complete the course (Classroom based and Online) he/she is applying for in accordance with the
course requirements (Classroom based and Online) and for any medical emergency attention that may require.
Section 4: COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS PROCESSES
The candidate shall familiarise with the Complaints and Appeal processes of The Institute.
This agreement signed by the candidate, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right for him/ her to take further action under Oman Laws and Regulations.
Section 5: DEFERRALS, DEVIATIONS AND REFUNDS
- The Institute reserves the right to reschedule the course (Classroom based and Online) to a later date, up to one week before a course start.
- During the Course (Classroom based and Online), different Trainers/ Teachers may be assigned and class size may vary. Any unanticipated official
holidays shall be considered for course duration adjustment (Classroom based and Online), as required.
- Trainees/students on The Institute courses (Classroom based and Online) will have different trainers/teachers during their courses (Classroom based
and Online) and class sizes may vary.
- All refunds shall be applicable as per the Refund policy for each area of training.
- Fees or any part of the fees that is payable to the external bodies (E.g.: ACCA Registration fees, University Registration /Exam fees, CELTA Registration fees, etc.) shall not be refundable.
- “Refund Approval Form” is required to be completed for all refund claims and supported by original receipt and supporting documents, as applicable. The request should be submitted to the Customer Service Unit.
- Based on Approvals, all refunds shall be processed for payment within four weeks from request date.
- Refunds shall be made either by bank transfer or through cheques to the designated account holder mentioned in the refund form. Cash refund request shall not be accepted in any case.
- Valid reasons considered for refund requests or cancellations are
- Serious Illness – hospital admission or serious injury
- Loss or Bereavement – death of a close family member
- Hardship/Trauma – victim of a crime, victim of a traffic accident
- Military Service
- Reasons beyond control
- The Institute reserves the right to review and update its refund policy in accordance with the Consumer Protection Law and Bylaws of private training institutions.
Section 6: TRANSFERS
Transfer of students/ trainees shall not be encouraged and promoted as an option. Transfer of any student/ trainee having a valid reason shall be approved by authorized personnel only. Once transfer is approved, student/ trainee shall be removed from current batch and assigned to another batch for the full duration of the assigned batch.
A location transfer shall be allowed only before the batch start date. In case there is a price difference between two locations, the student/ trainee should pay the fee of the Destination Centre. In case the fee of the Originating Centre is lesser than that of the Destination Centre, Fee of the destination Centre
will be applicable, and no refund will be provided.
Any waiver of fees, in this regard, shall be at the discretion of the authorized person, on case to case basis.
Section 7: PROMOTIONAL OFFERS AND DISCOUNTS
- The Institute may offer special promotional and marketing offers which may include discount coupons and bundle offers with specified validity
- Promotional offers and discounts shall not be applicable before and/or after the stated validity date
- Such offers, in general are non-replaceable and non-exchangeable by a different course (Classroom based and Online) or a different time slot after registration.
- Such offers cannot be used with another offer or promotion unless specified in the particular promotion.
- Fees for all offers must be paid fully and in advance unless specified in the particular promotion.
- Fees for all offers are not refundable
- The Institute reserves the right to add or revise terms and conditions of promotional offers for any course (Classroom based and Online)
Section 8: PRIVACY
The information provided by the candidate during enrolment shall be used to process his/ her enrolment at The Institute. This information will be treated as confidential and is available for candidate’s review. However, it may be made available to Government Authorities and education authorities in relation
to any procedural requirements, as applicable, and in line with the Country’s Privacy Law. The Institute may send to the candidate information about the centre or other courses (Classroom based and Online). The candidate may request not to receive further information at any time.
The candidate may be photographed and videotaped during his/her time at The Institute and that these images may be used for marketing communications. In case of any objection to this, the candidate must inform The Institute in writing.
Section 9: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Institute’s intellectual property including but not limited to course and examination materials (Classroom based and Online) belongs to The Institute.
Candidates shall not make unauthorised use of the same.
Section 10: COURSE COMPLETION ELIGIBILITY (Classroom based and Online)
The following may affect the candidate’s grade/ evaluation and may be grounds for dismissal from the course (Classroom based and Online):
- lack of punctuality / required attendance on candidate’s part
- failure on candidate’s part to co-operate reasonably with other trainees, students, The Institute personnel and third parties (such as, but not limited to, work experience providers)
Failure on candidate’s part to complete any written assignments on time and to a satisfactory standard will affect candidate’s grade/ evaluation.
Candidate accept as final all decisions made by The Institute in regard to certification, grading and dismissal from the course (Classroom based and Online).
On Course completion (Classroom based and Online), the attested certificate with reports shall be delivered within six weeks from the date of completion
of the final exam.
Section 11: HOUSE RULES
Candidate’s shall abide and comply with The Institute code of conduct. (A copy of the code can be obtained from The Institute).
The Institute reserves the right to take appropriate disciplinary actions where any such violations are noticed.
Section 12: INDEMNITY AND RELEASE
Certain risks and dangers may be associated with any study undertaking and participation in associated activities including but not limited to participation in compulsory practice teaching and observation activities, travel and optional recreational activities. In consideration of The Institute accepting the
candidate’s enrolment as a student/trainee, the candidate shall not hold The Institute responsible or liable for and will not make any claim against The Institute by reason of any injury, damage or loss which he/ she may suffer as a result of or in connection with or during the period of:
- candidate’s attendance at The Institute and /or
- candidate’s participation in activities whether educational, social, recreational or otherwise, conducted or arranged by or on behalf of or by arrangement with The Institute or in any way associated with The Institute
- whilst in accommodation whether short term or long term arranged for the candidate by The Institute, if applicable.
On behalf of the candidate, his/her executors, administrators and assigns, the candidate hereby release The Institute from all liability to himself/ herself or to any other person for any such injury, damage or loss and from any actions, claims or demands which, if he/she had not entered into this Agreement,
he/she might hereafter have been entitled to take or make against The Institute in respect of any such injury, damage or loss and he/she hereby indemnify The Institute against any such liability.
Section 13: FORCE MAJEURE
Neither party shall be in breach of the Contract nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under the Contract if such delay or failure result from any of the following events:
- acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
- epidemic or pandemic;
- terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations;
- nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom;
- any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing an export or import restriction, quota or prohibition; or
- collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident
I ______________________________, note availability of pre-enrolment information at Polyglot Institute (herein called “The Institute”) and agree to the above terms and conditions.
I, also agree that this Agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations of Country.
I certify that the information I have given is true and correct and that I have read the ‘Terms and Conditions of Service’ as mentioned above, and agree to be bound by them.