- You will quickly design product concepts because you can use scanned 3D data, imported images, or simple sketches to demonstrate the initial concept.
- You will create an electronic workflow that will cover all tasks right from conception of design, to prototyping to testing for the manufacturability of your design.
- You will keep all your design data and design intellectual property in multiple file formats and manage them in a safe, centralized place. You can let your team collaborate with you at any stage of product development.
- You will be a productive, innovative, and communicative designer/engineer, with an ability to work with people spanning different disciplines
Mechanical Engineers and Diploma Holders, Automobile Industries.
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D.
- Mechanical design, drafting, or engineering experience.
- Introduction to CAD, CAE, PDM
- Features of SolidWorks,
- Various products available in SolidWorks for Product Design, Simulation, Communication
SolidWorks Graphical User Interface
- Feature manager design tree, Callouts, Handles, Confirmation corner, mouse buttons, keyboard shortcuts, Command Manager,
Hardware and Software requirements, SolidWorks Task Scheduler, SolidWorks Rx.
- line, Centerline line, Line, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Rectangle, Slots, Polygon, Parabola, Ellipse, Partial Ellipse, Spline, Spline tools, Spline on surface, Equation driven curve, Points, Text, Construction geometry, Snap, grid,
- Fillet, Chamfer, Offset, Convert entities, Trim, Extend, Split, Jog, Mirror, Dynamic Mirror, Move, Copy, Rotate, Scale, Stretch, Sketch pattern
Make path, Close Sketch To Model, Sketch picture, Check Sketch for Feature, Area hatch/Fill
- Make block, Edit block, Insert block, Add/Remove Entities, Rebuild, Save, Explode
- Adding Sketch Relation, Automatic relations,
- Smart, Horizontal, Vertical, Ordinate, Horizontal ordinate, Vertical ordinate, Align ordinate, Fully define sketch.
- Sketch Diagnosis, SketchXpert, 3D Sketching, Rapid Sketch
- Relations – Adding Sketch Relation, Automatic relations,
Part Modeling Tools
- Creating reference planes
Creating Extrude features
- Direction1, Direction2, From option, Thin feature, Applying draft, Selecting contours
Creating Revolve features
- Selecting Axis, Thin features, Selecting contours
Creating Swept features
- Selecting, Profile and Path, Orientation/twist type, Path Alignment, Guide Curves, Start/End tangency, Thin feature
Creating Loft features
- Selecting Profiles, Guide curves, Start/End Constraints, Centerline parameters, Sketch tools, Close loft.
- Selection Manager, Multiple Body concepts
- Points, axis, coordinates
- Split curve, Project curve, Composite curve, Curve through points, Helix and Spiral
Creating Fillet features
Inserting Hole types
- Linear pattern, Circular pattern, Sketch driven pattern, Curve driven pattern, Table driven pattern, Fill pattern, mirror
Advanced Modeling Tools
- Dome, Free form, Shape feature, Deform, indent, Flex
Inserting Fastening features
- Mounting boss, snap hook, Snap hook groove, Vent
Environment & Utilities
- Working with views and manipulating views, Trouble shooting
Inserting Library feature, Adding Configuration, Inserting Design table, System options, Measuring Geometries, Calculating Mass Properties, Feature Statistics, Working With Equations
Assembly Modeling Tools
Introduction to Assembly Modeling & Approaches
- Top down and Bottom up approach
Applying Standard Mates
- Coincident, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Concentric, Lock, Distance, Angle.
Applying Advanced Mates
- Symmetric, Width, Path Mate, Linear/Linear Coupler, Limit Mate.
Applying Mechanical Mates
- Cam, Hinge, Gear, Rack Pinion, Screw, Universal Joint.
Applying Smart mates
Applying Mate reference
- Replacing Components, Rotating Components, Move Components, Collision Detection, Physical Dynamics, Dynamic Clearance, Detecting Interference
- Assembly Pattern, Mirror
Creating Explode Views
Top Down Design
- Layout Sketch, Work Part In the Context of an assembly.
- Smart Components, Smart Fasteners, Physical Simulation
Surface Modeling tools
- Creating Extrude, Revolve, Swept, loft, Boundary surface.
- Inserting Planar Surface, Offset Surface, Radiate Surface.
- Extending a surface, Surface fill, Ruled Surface, Trimming Surface, Mid surface, Replace Face, Delete face, Untrim surface, Knit surface, Thickening a Surface, Move Face
Generating Drawing Views
Introduction To Angle Of Projection
- Generating Model View, Projected Views, Inserting Standard 3 View
- View creation relative to model, Inserting predefined views, empty views, Auxiliary Views, Detailed
- Views, Crop view, Broken –Out Section, Broken Views, Section View, Aligned Section View, Alternate Position View, Working assembly specific view, Drawing properties, Manipulating views
- Smart, Horizontal, Vertical, Baseline, Ordinate, Horizontal Ordinate, Vertical Ordinate, Chamfer, Attach Dimensions, Align Collinear/Radial, Align Parallel/Concentric, Model Dimensions, Auto dimension, DimXpert, Annotations, Spell check
- Datum Features, Geometric Tolerance, Surface Finish, Jog Leaders, Hole Callout, Datum Target, Dowel Pins, Area Hatch, Cosmetic Thread, Balloon, Centre Mark, Centre Lines, Layers, Working With Tables, Bill Of Materials, Hole Table, Sheets And Templates, Sheet Format.
Sheet Metal Design
- Concepts in Sheet metal design bend allowance bend deduction, K-factor
- Inserting Base Flange, Sheet Metal Tab, Edge Flange, Miter Flange, Hem, Jog.
- Creating Break Corner/Corner Trim, Closed Corners, Rip.
- Inserting Sketched Bend, Fold/Unfold, Forming Tools.
- Inserting Cross Break, Welded Corner.
- Adding Corner Trim, Lofted Trim
- Conversion Of Solid Body To Sheet Metal.
Working with import data
- Importing In SolidWorks, Editing Imported Features, Feature Recognition, 2d To 3d Conversion
Product Data Management
- Introduction to PDM, LAN, WAN, Server, client, user, administrator, advantages of using PDM vault admin. How to log in to PDM Vault Admin? About vault settings, Creating new group, user and accessing rights, PDM data storage, setting up revision schemes
- Creating new project, Check In/Check Out of a new document, viewing the configurations, How to Check In associated files, viewing document information, Check In documents to vault from local disk, adding notes to the document. How to change document to other group? Archive/Restore a document, Delete/Rollback a document.
- Attaching non SolidWorks document, How to switch vault to other user? How to customize display of a Vault? How to do bulk Check In? How to make a project archive? How to copy a project? How to assign lifecycle status to a component? How to add property to a document? How to add standard libraries to a vault? About global settings
- Introduction to Weldment, 3D sketch, How to create user defined profile for structural member? How to insert structural member? How to apply gusset and fillet bead? How to insert end cap? Extruded Boss/Base, Trim/Extend, mirror, placing holes, using different structural members, Weldment cut list
- Introduction to PhotoWorks, How to render model in PhotoWorks Studio? How to render specified area? How to save image to a specified file? How to edit scenery? How to apply background and base? Scene editor, How to apply material and decal? How to set camera and lights? Render options
- Certificate from Polyglot Institute approved by MOMP
- Certificate from International CADD Centre