- Understand the environment and context in which PL/SQL operates.
- Consider the advantages and benefits of PL/SQL within a database environment.
- Declaring program variables and complex data types.
- Developing logic within PL/SQL program blocks.
- Fetching data from the database into program variables.
- Handling program exceptions & using explicit and implicit database cursors.
- Using the advanced features of nested blocks and subprograms.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Oracle PL/SQL language provides for programming logic features not contained within SQL. The grammar, syntax and benefits of using the PL/SQL language within an Oracle database environment are considered.
Overview of Oracle DBA tasks:
- PL/SQL Fundamentals
- Using Cursors
- Program Logic
- Exceptions and Nested Blocks
- PL/SQL Records and Index-By Tables
- Maintaining Stored Procedures & Functions
- Creating & Maintaining Packages